Development Release: PUD GNU/Linux Version 0.4.7
Hi, we're cheerful to release a new version, which is the first of the 0.4.7 series. We've made all available features this time based on the new packages came with Ubuntu 7.04 and kernel 2.6.20; patched the kernel, taken Aufs as the default read/writeable file system; added LZMA support to Squash FS, to attain the highest compression ratio. (All patches and source codes can be downloaded from ftp://mirror.nttu.edu.tw/penk/patch )
Features synchronically updated are the Opt-Get plugin system and on-boot toram capability. At the beginning of May, there will be a new version released based on this one. The scheduled features (network backup/restore and Plate, the user interface) will be initially implement in that release.
- ISO: ftp://mirror.nttu.edu.tw/penk/pud-0.4.7.iso (193MB)
- MD5Sum: 09520a964f7297efd9477cf5dd68a961
- Build Kit: ftp://mirror.nttu.edu.tw/penk/build-livecd-r58.tar.gz
- Packages upgraded
- Updated Opt-Get
Updated Opt-Get plugin system and other its plugins, compatible with both Aufs and Unionfs.
- OpenOffice.org 2.0.4 Chinese enhanced version
- Non-free Software
Just like Automatix, this plugin contains following packages: amsn mozilla-acroread acroread mplayer w32codecs mozilla-mplayer skype opera rar unrar unace-nonfree libdvdcss2 bmp-mp4 flashplugin-nonfree linux-restricted-modules-2.6.20-15-generic linux-restricted-modules-generic
(Note: This may contain illegal packages. Use at own risk.)
- Aufs Support
- Patched Squashfs
Patched Squashfs + LZMA compression algorithm, backwards compatible with the old versions.
- Tuned casper
Tuned the "casper" toram capability, saving more space.
If you find something wrong, please let us know.
- Unable to set the refreshing rate correctly with some monitors.
- Screen flickering on loading web pages may occur, caused by non-free plugin.
- Opt plugins can't be made when using aufs.
- Absence of icons may occur to some applications.